Founded in January 2012 D’CLINIC is an artist-run initiative / micro-residency designed to deliver a supportive community where artists can focus on their own creative practice and/or research, share skills and knowledge, interact or collaborate in a vibrant multidisciplinary environment free from constraint, harshness or formality.
D’CLINIC is a space where creative experiments should be made; a place for artists to meet and participate in an activity that is both geographically and conceptually removed from their usual studio practice. Artists are enabled to work intensively and independently, in an encouraging and intimate environment
Our residents season generally runs between May and October; each year we can host up to 18 artists. However, the current 2019 season will, due to some structural changes, be exceptional, starting in July.
We started out in Lendava, a small town in the northeast of Slovenia, but moved across the border, to Zalaegerszeg – Hungary in July 2015.
WE ARE HERE TO:
- allow creative self-development and experimentation,
- support artistic innovation,
- challenge your creative thinking,
- foster cultural dialogue and / or exchange,
- facilitate professional development opportunities.
- share your art practice giving an artist’s talk,
- obtain firsthand response from the public,
- get media exposure,
- have a workshop; for example at a school,
- collaborate with a local (cultural) institution,
- visit studios of local artists, network.
D’CLINIC supports established, mid-career and emerging professional artists working in all artistic disciplines: visual art, performing arts, literature, art theory, …
We accept applications from both individual artists as well asand/or groups.
Creative duos are all artists who apply together to the TRACTOR programme and will share a room during their residency stay. It is not obligatory but preferable that they work collaboratively on one project during their time at D’CLINIC.
If applying as a creative duo, you’ll get a 10% discount of the residency fee.
Currently we provide two different artists-in-residence frameworks for you to choose from, depending on what you wish to achieve while spending time in this extravagant (East)European region :
Can’t decide which programme suits you better?CLICK HERE and get a brief comparison of the two.
The residency has both indoor and outdoor spaces for creativity. The offered working space is flexible, and generally adopted to each artist’s individual requirements and needs.
STUDIO SPACE = up to 100 sqm (bright & high ceiling)
A network of different cultural institutions & workshops allows us to offer ( or provide access to ) our residency artists a wide range of equipment and/or materials for their work; depending on the specific needs and complexity of the planned project :
- FOUNDRY for small-scale sculptures (for bronze, aluminium,… casting)
- WOOD WORKSHOP (with belt sander 60Ø, band saw, lathe,…)
- METAL WORKSHOP
- CERAMICS kiln & pottery wheel
- PRINT MAKING supplies & press (for lithography, etching, lino-cut, wood-cut,…)
- SCREEN PRINTING equipment
- RECORDING studio
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS? – drop us an email
PLEASE NOTE :
- All requirements are discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- If no special agreements are made the studio stays modestly arranged with basic equipment (tables, chairs, basic tools & leftover materials).
- Some of the above mentioned workshops and/or equipment is not in our ownership, and therefore booking it may be subject to additional cost.
- Learn more about our facilities.
We welcome each and every passionate professional from all creative businesses, nationalities and ages, this includes:
visual artists, designers, working craftspeople, puppeteers, architects, industrial designers, performing artists, photographers, composers, curators, producers, journalists, media artists, writers, poets, thinkers, researchers,…
In the dashing city of Zalaegerszeg; in the west of Hungary, on the banks of the Zala River, close to the Slovenian and Austrian border and only 220 kilometres (137 miles) south-west of Budapest.
Famous for its natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and laid-back lifestyle, Zalaegerszeg offers an inspirational setting for intensive, introverted exploration, experimentation and/or creation within contemporary arts practices.
DID YOU KNOW :
inside a radius of 220km (136mi) you can find all the major cities of this extravagant European region embracing 5 countries :
- LJUBLJANA – Slovenia
- VIENNA – Austria
- BRATISLAVA – Slovakia
- BUDAPEST – Hungary
- ZAGREB – Croatia
- Évadzárás a D’Clinicben / Zalamédia – 05.11.2018
- Jégtörés és ferde síkok hétvégéje / Zalamédia – 24.09.2018
- Képeslapok a jövőből / Zalamédia – 03.09.2018
- KultúrKör – 2018. július 20. / TV Zeg – 20.07.2018
- Zalai ihlet – M5 Kulturális Híradó / M5 – 19.07.2018
- Projektzárás fantázialényekkel / Zalamédia – 04.07.2018
- Papírtörlő ihlette hímzés / Zalamédia – 05.06.2018
- WHAT WE HAVE IN COMMON? / Müszi – 08.12.2016
- Évzárás a D’Clinicben / Zalamédia – 06.12.2016
- Képzőművészeti események a D’CLINIC Studios műtermében / Zalamédia – 20.11.2016
- A múlt- és a nagymama nyomában / Zalamédia – 07.11.2016
- Kép, szöveg és olvasói viszony / Zalamédia – 03.10.2016
- Michael Conforti és Shen-Yuan Su (Sam) performansza / Zalamédia – 02.09.2016
- D’Clinic-kiállítás / TV Zeg – 05.08.2016
- Csipke porcukorból – a D’Clinic új vendégalkotói / Zalai Hírlap Online – 27.07.2016
- Interkontinentális művésztalálkozó / Zalai Hírlap Online – 03.07.2016
After choosing your preferred artists-in-residence platform, follow the provided link to an online application form.
Overall artistic freedom is one of our key values and all our residents will have it. The information is required for us to make sure we are able to provide the relevant expertise and facilities for you.
CURRENT OPEN CALLS
TRACTOR JULY 2019
last minute call / -30% on the residency fee
application closing date: JUNE 25, 2019
2020 ALL PLATFORMS / May, June, July
application closing date:
JULY 15, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: application results are to be expected about a week after the set applycation deadline. Do check your spam folder as well, if you don’t hear back from us!