In the beginning of 2018 we moved into new facilities.
- currently the studio has about 100sqm, high ceiling & good light of space for creative engagement. The space is divided into 2 parts: a smaller 12sqm enclosed studio and a larger “open” studio space; this however is flexible and can be organised into smaller individual units – depending on the specific needs of individual artists.
- for writers and / or individuals who mostly work with a computer we can offer a single, 30sqm live/work room
- the studio is open 24/7 and all along their stay artists are free to organise their time at D’CLINIC
- in specific cases we can provide/arrange access to additional facilities for production. feel free to ask (see below : materials & equipment )
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT
A network of different cultural institutions & workshops allows us to offer (or provide access to) our residency artists a wide range of equipment and/or materials for their work; depending on the specific needs and complexity of the planned project:
- foundry for small-scale sculptures (for bronze, aluminium,… casting)
- wood workshop (with belt sander 60Ø, band saw, lathe,…)
- print making supplies & press (for lithography, etching, lino-cut, wood-cut,…)
- screen printing equipment
- metal workshop
- ceramics kiln & pottery wheel
- recording studio
PLEASE NOTE :
- all requirements are discussed on a case-by-case basis
- if no special agreements are made the studio stays modestly arranged with basic equipment (tables, chairs, basic tools & leftover materials …).
- some of the above mentioned workshops and/or equipment is not in our ownership, and therefore booking it may be subject to additional cost; and the access might be limited and/or subject to appointments
- before signing a Residency Contract the accepted artists undergo an initial technical review (based on the proposed project i.e. the filled in Application Form) to ensure all technical requirements of the proposed project are met before beginning the residency
A collection of basic tools (stapler, pliers, axe, cutter, hammer…) and different donated materials (various paints, wood, cardboard, …) are always at hand, but artists need to bring/provide their own working materials and personal tools (brushes, engraving knifes, instruments, computers, cameras…).
Accommodation is included in the program fee.
- we offer a newly furnished, shared house with 2 single bedrooms and 1 shared bedroom for creative duos and/or collectives
- a kitchen, bathroom and a cosy yard – only about 15min walk from the city centre of Zalaegerszeg
- the provided studios are situated within the same building