D’CLINIC is a place for artists to meet and participate in an activity that is both geographically and conceptually removed from their usual studio practice.
Artists are enabled to work intensively and independently, in an encouraging and intimate environment.
Our residency season generally runs between May and November.
Currently we offer two different artists-in-residence platforms for you to choose from – depending on what you wish to achieve while spending time in this extravagant European region : Scroll down for details…
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU:
- share your art practice giving an artist’s talk,
- obtain a firsthand response from the public,
- get media exposure,
- have a workshop; for example at a school,
- collaborate with a local (cultural) institution,
- visit studios of local artists, network.
what can I expect?
D’CLINIC supports emerging as well as established, and mid-career professionals working in any artistic discipline: visual art, performing arts, literature, art theory…
We accept applications from both individual artists as well as creative duos and/or groups; eligibility, however, varies between the programmes – for details see the chosen programme’s page:
TRACTOR is a self-directed, non-pressured, non-judgmental programme. You decide what you’re working on and when. Welcoming individual artists as well as artists’ duos and/or groups. Get more info about the opportunity >>>
MiXER is a cross-disciplinary collaboration based programme; self-directed, non-judgmental, “pressured”. Meaning you decide what you’re working on and when, however, there are some deadlines that need to be met as you are getting an artists’ book published by the end of your stay. Get more info about the opportunity >>>
Can’t decide which programme suits you better?
CLICK HERE and get a brief comparison of the two.
The residency has both indoor and outdoor spaces for creativity. The offered working place is flexible and generally adapted to each artist’s individual requirements and needs.
STUDIO SPACE = up to 100 sqm (bright & high ceiling)
A network of different cultural institutions & workshops allows us to offer ( or provide access to ) our guest artists a wide range of equipment and/or materials for their work; depending on the specific needs and complexity of the planned project, this includes :
- FOUNDRY for small-scale sculptures (for bronze, aluminum… casting)
- WOOD WORKSHOP (with belt sander 60Ø, band saw, lathe…)
- METAL WORKSHOP
- CERAMICS kiln & pottery wheel
- PRINTMAKING supplies & press (for lithography, etching, lino-cut, wood-cut…)
- SCREEN PRINTING equipment
- RECORDING studio
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS? – drop us an email
- All requirements are discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- If no special agreements are made the studio stays modestly arranged with basic equipment (tables, chairs, basic tools & leftover materials).
- In other words, if you hope to use one of the above-listed facilities, please don’t forget to mention it in your application.
- Some of the above-mentioned workshops and/or equipment are not in our ownership, and therefore booking it may be subject to additional cost.
- Learn more about our facilities.
All guest artists are provided with a private bedroom, shared bathroom facilities, towels and linens, housekeeping service, and a shared kitchen, common area, yard/terrace, bicycle and wireless internet.
WHO IS IT FOR
We welcome each and every passionate professional from all creative businesses, nationalities, and ages, this includes:
visual artists, designers, working craftspeople, puppeteers, architects, industrial designers, performing artists, photographers, composers, curators, producers, journalists, media artists, writers, poets, thinkers, researchers,…
WHERE WE ARE
D’CLINIC started out in Lendava, a small town in the northeast of Slovenia, but moved across the border to Hungary in July 2015.
You can now find us in Zalaegerszeg; a dashing city in the west of Hungary, on the banks of the Zala River, close to the Slovenian, Austrian (and Croatian) border and only 220 kilometres/137 miles (by car) south-west of Budapest or 32km/19.67mi from lake Balaton.
Famous for its natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and laid-back lifestyle, Zalaegerszeg offers an inspirational setting for intensive, introverted exploration, experimentation and/or creation within contemporary art practices.
DID YOU KNOW :
inside a radius of 220km (136mi) you can find all the major cities of this extravagant European region embracing 5 countries :
- LJUBLJANA – Slovenia
- VIENNA – Austria
- BRATISLAVA – Slovakia
- BUDAPEST – Hungary
- ZAGREB – Croatia
- day trips can be organized with D’CLINIC team
However, before applying check below which info is required for a successful application:
are there any current open calls?
TRACTOR 2020 – fall period
read more + apply
due March 10, 2020
MiXER 2020 – last minute call for May
read more + apply
due March 1, 2020