In 2018 we moved into new facilities; and the upcoming season we might move again, back to the city centre. However,
- currently, the studio has about 100sqm, high ceiling & good light of space for creative engagement. The space is divided into 2 parts: a smaller 12sqm enclosed studio and a larger “open” studio space; this, however, is flexible and can be organised into smaller individual units – depending on the specific needs of individual artists.
- for writers and/or individuals who mostly work with a computer, we can offer a single, 30sqm live/work room
- the studio is open 24/7 and all along their stay artists are free to organise their time at D’CLINIC
- in specific cases, we can provide/arrange access to additional facilities for production. feel free to ask (see below : materials & equipment )
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT
A network of different cultural institutions & workshops allows us to offer (or provide access to) our residency artists a wide range of equipment and/or materials for their work; depending on the specific needs and complexity of the planned project:
- foundry for small-scale sculptures (for bronze, aluminium,… casting)
- wood workshop (with belt sander 60Ø, band saw, lathe,…)
- printmaking supplies & press (for lithography, etching, lino-cut, wood-cut,…)
- screen printing equipment
- metal workshop
- ceramics kiln & pottery wheel
- recording studio
PLEASE NOTE :
- all requirements are discussed on a case-by-case basis
- if no special agreements are made the studio stays modestly arranged with basic equipment (tables, chairs, basic tools & leftover materials …).
- some of the above mentioned workshops and/or equipment is not in our ownership, and therefore booking it may be subject to additional cost, and the access might be limited and/or subject to appointments
- before signing a Residency Contract the accepted artists undergo an initial technical review (based on the proposed project i.e. the filled-in Application Form) to ensure all technical requirements of the proposed project are met before beginning the residency
A collection of basic tools (stapler, pliers, axe, cutter, hammer…) and different donated materials (various paints, wood, cardboard, …) are always at hand, but artists need to bring/provide their own working materials and personal tools (brushes, engraving knifes, instruments, computers, cameras…).
Accommodation is included in the program fee.
- we offer a furnished, shared house with 2 single bedrooms and 1 shared bedroom for creative duos and/or collectives
- a shared kitchen, bathroom and a cosy yard
- the provided studios are situated within the same building
- D’CLINIC residency house is only about 15min walk from the city centre of Zalaegerszeg
- nearest grocery shop – 1-minute walk from the studio house
- nearest pub/restaurant – 1-minute walk from the studio house
- nearest bakery – 1-minute walk from the studio house
- nearest bus stop – 1-minute walk from the studio house